Monday, March 23, 2009

My girls are growing way too fast!

4 years and 11 months ago a little girl was born and I couldn't wait until she was old enough to eat solid foods, sit up by herself, crawl, walk, eat "big" people food, go to preschool and fast forward to today and now she is going to start Kindergarten next year. I wish I would have not wanted to rush everything!!!! I look back on everything and have to look at pictures because it is hard to remember what she looked like as a baby. How sad is that? Why does everyone rush their babies to grow up? Next big thing that is going to happen with Dyllan besides Kindergarten is going to the "big" girl clothes section because 5T's almost don't fit anymore. It is so sad. Where did my little girl go? We went through her toys and we put all the toys she no longer wants to play with into storage. Now she is getting "big" girl toys like Hannah Montana dolls, Barbies, play makeup, music players, handheld video games. What's next???? A car! I know that is a long way away, but is it really?

Now we look at Rileigh, she was just born in December which seems ion's ago. Now she is 3 months and hasn't rolled over yet. Do I want her to? Yes and no. If she does then that means she is growing up. I know they all grow up but I am in no rush this time! Lesson learned!!! No I will not be feeding her solids early, she is waiting until she is ready (ok, maybe until I am ready!). I hope she is a late walker just like Dyllan. So I can hold her like a baby even longer because next thing you know, she will be 4 years and 11 months getting ready for Kindergarten and I will be wondering where all the time went.

So I tell this to Rileigh and Dyllan softly in their ear....

Please slow down! I don't want you to grow up yet!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We judge others by their behavior. We judge ourselves
by our intentions. ~Ian Percy